This sample level showcases Jack the robot in a basic environment and demonstrates how the Animation Editor uses actors, motion sets, and animation graphs to control character behavior. Playable animations include idle, walk, run, and navigate.
The Simple_JackLocomotion sample level is located in the
\dev\SamplesProject\AnimationSamples directory. The assets are located in the
Once the sample level is open, in the Perspective viewport in O3DE Editor, use the following keyboard keys and mouse controls:
- To start the level, press Ctrl+G.
- To move forward, left, backward, and right, press the W, A, S, and D keys, respectively.
- To look around, move the pointer.
- To toggle the LookAt node on and off during the idle animation, press Tab.
- To aim, hold the left mouse button.
- To exit game mode, press Esc.
You can also use a controller connected to your computer:
- To control the movement direction, use the left joystick.
- To control the camera navigation around the character, use the right joystick.
- To toggle the character aim on and off, press the right trigger.
- To toggle the LookAt node on and off during the idle animation, press the left trigger.
Copyright © 2022 Open 3D Engine Contributors
Documentation Distributed under CC BY 4.0.
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our Trademark Policy page.