Open 3D Engine’s (O3DE) graphics features are integrated using the Atom renderer, a high performance, physically based rendering engine. Atom provides the following features:
- Ray tracing to produce detailed, authentic environments.
- Physically based rendering to achieve real-world lighting.
- Modern post-processing effects to enhance the game experience.
- Forward+ rendering, with support for deferred rendering in the future.
Atom has a unified interface which supports multiple platforms and graphics APIs:
- DirectX 12 or Vulkan on Windows
- Metal on macOS and iOS
- Vulkan on Linux
The following sections in the Atom guide provide more detail about the graphics features in O3DE.
|Materials||Create PBR materials with global illumination support using Atom’s Material Editor.|
|Shaders||Create shaders using Atom’s shading language, AZSL.|
|Atom Gem Components||Add mesh, lighting, and a variety of post-processing effects using components provided by the Atom Gem.|
|Particles||Produce particle effects using PopcornFX integrated into Atom.|